November 07, 2011

Character Makeup - Halloween assessment!

This week I passed my Halloween character assessment! I decided to do the ventriloquist dummy, because I felt it was more adaptable than the witch. Also, I felt that the witch went pretty perfectly, whereas the dummy needed some improvement, so I gave it a go and it worked out really well:
I feel like I captured the same effect as last time, but overall it's just more refined - last week the eyelashes, eyebrows and the lines down the chin were a bit wobbly and messy, but I managed to keep a steady hand and do them better this time. Also, I tidied up the shading down the nose, and I made the lips narrower and lined them with the same shade that I used on the nose, to create more definition. Overall I'm really happy with how it turned out, I was quite nervous so I'm glad I managed to pass the assessment!

Gill :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment